Disney Meal #280 Luca - Inspired

 

    UPDATED!!! LUCA! I don't know about you but I am sooooo excited for this one to come out this Friday, 18 June 2021! When Raya and The Last Dragon was coming out, I posted the Meal Menu Plan I was planning on making for my family for the day, as we would watch it as a family, and it was so much fun - that I thought I would do it again for Luca! -->>UPDATED BELOW in Purple!!!!!!!!!!



The artwork is not mine, it is made by the amazing animators at Disney/Pixar Studios. The Disney Meal Menu is created by us. Please feel free to share, we want the magic to continue to grow! But if you do, please share with our brand attached - and tag us @TheHappiestMemoriesOnEarth on Instagram and on Facebook, or leave in the Comments below if you make a meal! It warms our heart to see others enjoy and be inspired by these menus, and we would LOVE to see how it turned out for you - and would LOVE to even be able to share it on our Social Media. If you post it, it is believed you want to share - and we would love to share it with this community. We believe that there are hard things in this life, and so we aim to highlight, create, and share The Happiest Memories On Earth. Thank You! We hope it inspires you and helps create more Magical Meals in your home!






    So this is what I was so excited to come up with! But first so background, before I go into why I chose the Menu I did. According to the Disney Wiki for Luca, the backdrop for this new film takes place in the Italian Riviera! The Disney Wiki shares: "Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar's original feature film Luca is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta, and endless scooter rides."

    I just want to watch the movie more after that! Don't you?! A summer like that sounds heavenly! Now, for a trailer!




    So much more excited, right?! What is even more awesome about learning more from the Disney Wiki and the Trailer, is it shares all sorts of food choices, which not all Disney and/or Pixar movies do for me when I am trying to organize a Meal Menu to go with our Movies days! So that helped to add in some delicious and easy choices! 

    I could not quite decide on a MAIN dish. Linguine pasta, I'm thinking with alfredo and some vegetables mixed in....maybe peas or broccoli or something like that sounds amazing. But Lasagna sounds delicious too, and is always a nice easy choice when it is a frozen choice on a Friday! So I am going to take a vote on my social media, and then go with that vote choice! But will return to this page after Friday, and make two options for your family if you want to download either as a choice! I would love your vote or comments down below too!

    When I was looking on filling out the Menu, there was the obvious choices to me of bread  and salad, but I wanted to add some fruits. So I looked up what fruits are grown in Italy, as to keep with the theme. I found that the largest crops grown in Italy are lettuce, onions, pears, potatoes, cherries, tomatoes, garlic, apples, artichokes, kiwis, peaches, and nectarines; although these are not the only ones found in Italy - as in the United States they import. So I wanted to add in some of these more large crops into the menu as well! 

    We are excited for Luca, and that it is coming out so soon after school is over so we can really celebrate the beginning of SUMMER BREAK! We also have PJs for Luca to celebrate the release of the movie! What are you excited to do during Summer Break?!!

On or After Friday, I will update this post with how the meal went with pictures and the treat!! Do you have a favorite flavor of gelato?? I'm excited to pick one out for this meal!

Hello Friends!! I put together a poll on our social media on Instagram @TheHappiestMemoriesOnEarth and on Facebook, and when asked which main dish, those who voted choose.............LINGUINE PASTA!!! So that is what we made! But as promised, I made two Menus - one for those that wanted to make Linguine Pasta and one for those who wanted to make Lasagna. We made the Linguine, but if you guys made either, we would love to see your comments and/or pictures! 

By the way, we watched the new movie LUCA this morning - wasn't it the cutest?! Like seriously so awesome?! I was in for the ride within the first few minutes, not just because of the Disney/Pixar connection but because of the story and the characters - and then you add everything else. I'll add more later, but don't want to ruin it for those who haven't watched it yet! What did you think?!?!


Menu 1
* For the Linguine Pasta, we used most of one box. I then made life easier, and used a jar of our favorite tomato sauce, and mixed about a cup of cream. It is always delicious and a huge hit with the kids. Fresh tomato sauce is always awesome. In all honesty, I was totally planning on making a alfredo sauce with broccoli and red pepper for the Italian Flag, but forgot Parmesan Cheese, but this sauce NEVER disappoints, so whatever sauce your family chooses to go on top the delicious Linguine Noodles will be wonderful to this meal!

For the vinaigrettes I just went with the Italian Dressing, and with our favorite Balsamic Dressing! Super easy! The fruits, I just cut up, except for the cherries - just reminded the kids about the seeds in the middle! The Garlic Bread I'll have to show you someday, but it is way easy and fresh! But for ease, do what is right for you!








Menu 2







This is How Our Meal Turned Out







This is How Our Treat Turned Out
* For our Gelato, we ultimately picked the brand Talenti in the frozen section - and went with the flavor Caramel Cookie Crunch! Although it was VERY hard to pick - so we might have to go back and get some more to try! Do you have a favorite we should try?!







What are your favorite parts of Luca? If you did this meal, we would love to see it in the comments and on our Instagram @TheHappiestMemoriesOnEarth! Did you know we also have an Etsy? Come Check it out Here! Hopefully this post has helped to inspire you to have a Disney Meal!

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts