Happy Birthday Emma Thompson!


Today is EMMA THOMPSON's 62th BIRTHDAY! Today we celebrate the contribution she has made to MANY of Disney's (and many other amazing films like Harry Potter, Sense and Sensibility, etc.) Movies!

First we highlight her role in 2002's Treasure Planet as Captain Amelia! Treasure Planet is a reimagined version of the classic Treasure Island - and in this version the adventure takes place in outer space among alien worlds and species, and galactic wonders! It is really fun knowing the story of Treasure Island, or being able to share Treasure Island with your family, and then have them (or just you!) see how they re-invent the characters in this reimagined adventure! It brings a whole new life to the original story, and added fun to this out of this world animated movie! I watched it with my son a few years ago, and it definitely captured his attention! We watched it as one of our Mother and Son movie "Date" nights at home; just us. He enjoyed it so much he wanted to help make a Disney Meal with me, and this is how this Disney Meal came to be in our home!


Click Here -->Treasure Planet Disney Inspired Meal


Continuing celebrating EMMA THOMPSON's 62th BIRTHDAY! We now celebrate her role of Elinor to life in the 2012 amazing movie BRAVE! This is one of my favorite all time movies. The scenery. The state of the art cinematography. {Did you know? Merida has more than 1500 individually sculpted, curly red strands that generate about 111,700 total hairs?! That's amazing} Who didn't want to travel to Scotland, if that was never a bucket list place to travel before, after watching Brave?! Plus the amazing fierceness of Merida as the Scottish Princess owning who is she, and what she wants. Even after that, what is truly amazing is the family relationships, and the mother-daughter relationship that plays out and the showing of the need of healthy connections and changes to fix the bonds. All within one Disney/Pixar film. Truly amazing and heartfelt. And Emma Thompson voices the mother. Definitely worth watching. We put together this Disney meal in hopes of adding to this amazing movie, and adding some Scotland history/feels for our movie enjoyment. Hope it adds to yours too!



Our last highlighted Disney film to celebrate EMMA THOMPSON'S 62TH BIRTHDAY! Actually also happens to celebrate TWO other actors in the same Disney film we are highlighting!! Today is LUKE EVAN'S 42ND Birthday! PLUS it is EMMA WATSON'S 31ST BIRTHDAY!! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THREE!!! The LIVE-ACTION BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is an AMAZING movie. Emma Thompson plays Mrs. Pott's, Luke Evan's plays Gaston, and Emma Watson plays Belle!!! All key roles, and all amazing in this movie! If you know me well, you know that the animated Beauty and The Beast is my all time favorite Disney Movie. I could spend hours tell you why, but for the sake of this post I won't. But it will show that because of how much I love it, I was VERY skeptical of what they were going to do for the Live-Action. Obviously I love Disney. But the original is just SO GOOD, and I hold very dear to my heart. I LOVE the actors they choose to play the original characters, and they even picked Hermione to play Belle - it was like a match made in Movie Cinema Heaven. So I went, and saw it in theatres...a bit guarded. But I as I watched, not only did they add layers that explained things me and my sister would giggle about that seemed confusing about the original (like an old enchantress getting irritated that a 12 year old didn't want a stranger coming into his home for a rose, or why the townspeople didn't remember a castle so close to them, etc), plus they showed a real relationship more so develop - and even more about the culture. I walked out liking it, and since then it's grown. I am so glad they made it, and love it. Although I still love the original! :) If you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth your time! Plus the music is really great, which is another reason why I LOVED the original! Maybe it's the choir girl in me, but Disney music just touches my soul. I patterned this Disney Meal after a meal I could not get enough of at the Beauty and The Beast Restaurant at Disneyland (The Red Rose Taverne)! We were only at Disneyland for two days this one time, and this food both days! It was a Beef Poutine and it was AMAZING, and I don't really eat a lot of beef. Plus the dessert is similar to the dessert I found at the Red Rose Tavern (although at the Red Rose Tavern the cake was on a thin shortbread cookie, with raspberry jam inside the cake, so you could do that inside the red velvet cupcake!). So I thought it would be a perfect meal choice for this Disney Meal!




Hope you have some of the Happiest Memories On Earth today with your loved ones!

Comments

Popular Posts